Once upon a time, marketing was reasonably easy to understand. It involved three things:
- Printed media such as posters, magazines, newspapers, leaflets, and flyers.
- Spoken advertisements on the radio.
- Visual advertisements on television.
Today, however, everything is digital and digital marketing is hugely complex. So much so, in fact, that you would do right by hiring an external digital marketing company to handle your campaigns. Let’s take a look at the different things that a digital marketing company will do for you.
What a Digital Marketing Company Offers
Some of the services that you can expect from a good digital marketing company include:
- Reputation management. Online reputation management is incredibly important as more and more consumers will first look at reviews left about a product, service, or business before they will decide to shop there. In fact, your online reputation is perhaps your greatest asset, while at the same time being the one you have the least amount of control over because it relies on what people say about you. Reputation management is becoming an increasingly complex piece of work that requires professional help.
- Social media marketing. Unless you have a presence on social media, you may as well not exist. Social media is also closely linked to your online reputation since pages such as Facebook and LinkedIn can be used for reviews and endorsements. Social media is also more than Facebook and LinkedIn. It is important to use the channels that are most appropriate for your particular audience. For instance, young people use Instagram and Snapchat where as the older generation uses Facebook and Twitter is seen mainly as a news sharing application.
- Pay per click advertising, or PPC, which is a complex manner of placing advertisements on the Google search engine through AdWords and paying a set amount for every person that clicks on the advertisement and ends up on your website. Getting this right will bring about a huge return on investment but getting it wrong means that you would literally throw money away. You must leave this to the professionals.
- Search engine optimization or SEO. This is all about building a website that looks good and provides the information that people are actually looking for, while at the same time making sure that they actually come across this website. Specifically, that means getting it on the first page of the Google Search results as it may otherwise just as well not exist at all.
- Traditional advertising. You may be surprised to hear that the traditional forms of advertising, print, radio, and television, are still very important. A good digital marketing agency understands this, knows how to create it, and ensures it is utilised in the most suitable manner for your particular business.
As you can see, a digital marketing company does a great deal of work in order to make sure your business can thrive and Survive. These are not things you should try to take on by yourself as they take time and a great deal of highly specialized expertise. Spend some time comparing the different marketing agencies that are out there so that you find the one that is most suitable to your needs and offers the best value for money.